Here we are again – another year older and still Revalidating rather than finishing my FCLIP off.
Efforts on that front were derailed by some fairly hefty restructuring at work (all be it with very positive outcomes that I will need to reflect on here sometime). I probably spent rather too much time on new fun bits of development also which tends to get in the way of the formal reflecting / writing up side.
Despite the frustration caused by needing to haul the info from my previous Revalidations out of the old CILIP VLE I have to say the new submission process is an improvement. The form was fine to use and will be handy for future reference.
Highlights of the year include
- Setting up the new #HILJClub website and seeing participation pick up
- Writing an editorial for HILJ on #HILJClub with Tom
- Speaking at UHMLG on messing up
- Hearing Prof Maria Musoke speak at the celebration of her honorary FCLIP (love a bit of Ranganathan)
- Speaking up for public libraries at my District Council cabinet
- Delivering a HINARI workshop with a Research4Life grant in Sierra Leone (badly need to blog this one – speaking on it next month at RLUK Conference!)
I have a new mentor for FCLIP and a new target. I think this is going to be the year…
Mandatory MJ Hibbett and the Validators